Last updated on September 21st, 2023 at 12:40 am
RVs are a popular choice for those who love to travel and explore the great outdoors. These homes on wheels come equipped with all the necessities for a comfortable journey, including a refrigerator. However, not all RV fridges are created equal, and finding the best one for your needs can be a daunting task.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall – BODEGA cooler Mini Refrigerator – Get Best Price
- Best Budget -Alpicool Portable Car Freezer – Get Best Price
- 2nd Best Option – ICECO Portable Refrigerator – Get Best Price
When it comes to choosing the best RV fridge, there are several factors to consider. One of the most important is size. RV fridges come in a range of sizes, from compact models that fit into tight spaces to larger models that provide ample storage for longer trips. Another critical factor is power source. RV fridges can run on propane, electricity, or both, and each has its advantages and disadvantages.
Other considerations include durability, ease of use, and overall performance. A high-quality RV fridge should be able to withstand the rigors of travel and provide reliable cooling for all your food and drinks. It should also be easy to use, with intuitive controls and convenient features like adjustable shelves and door bins.
After researching and testing several RV fridges, we have identified the ones that offer the best combination of size, power source, durability, and performance. Whether you’re planning a weekend getaway or a cross-country adventure, these fridges will keep your food fresh and your drinks cold, so you can focus on enjoying the journey.
Best RV Fridges
As RV enthusiasts, we understand the importance of having a reliable and efficient fridge in your home on wheels. Whether you’re planning a weekend getaway or a long-term road trip, a good RV fridge can make all the difference in keeping your food fresh and drinks cold. After extensive research and testing, we’ve compiled a list of the best RV fridges on the market. These fridges are durable, energy-efficient, and offer ample storage space for all your needs. So, without further ado, here are our top picks for the best RV fridges.
If you’re looking for a versatile RV fridge that can run on gas, electric, and propane, the RecPro RV Refrigerator might be a good option for you.
- Available in a sleek Glossy Black or Stainless Steel Finish
- Multitude of power options: Use 110V-120V, 12V, or propane gas to run this refrigerator
- Gas-absorption technology allows this refrigerator to operate on propane!
- For optimal cooling efficiency, turn the fridge on and allow to chill for 12 hours prior to placing food inside.
- Not the largest capacity at 6.3 cubic feet
- Some customers have reported issues with installation and customer service
We recently installed the RecPro RV Refrigerator in our camper van and have been pleased with its performance so far. The stainless steel finish looks great and matches our other appliances nicely. We appreciate the ability to run the fridge on propane, which saves on battery power when we’re off-grid.
One thing to note is that the fridge does take some time to cool down, so be sure to turn it on and let it chill for 12 hours before adding food. We’ve found that the fridge maintains a consistent temperature and keeps our food fresh.
While the 6.3 cubic feet capacity is not the largest on the market, it’s been sufficient for our needs as a couple traveling in a van. However, if you have a larger family or need more space, this might not be the best option for you.
Overall, we recommend the RecPro RV Refrigerator for its versatility and reliable performance. Just be sure to give it some time to cool down and consider your space and capacity needs before purchasing.
If you are looking for a reliable and versatile RV fridge, the BODEGA 12 Volt Refrigerator is an excellent choice.
- The powerful compressor allows for quick and efficient cooling, and the temperature can be adjusted according to your needs.
- The dual-zone feature provides both a fridge and a freezer, making it perfect for longer trips.
- The user-friendly design includes a removable crisper drawer, shelf, bottle holder, egg tray, and drain plug, making it easy to organize and clean.
- The LED light may not work properly, and it may be difficult to find a replacement.
- The freezer area may be small, and it may take some time to get used to the settings.
- The fridge may need to be directly wired to a battery, which may not be convenient for some users.
We recently used the BODEGA 12 Volt Refrigerator on a camping trip, and we were impressed with its performance. The compressor cooled down the fridge and freezer quickly, and the temperature was easy to adjust using the app. The dual-zone feature was especially useful, as we were able to keep our drinks and food separate. The removable crisper drawer and other accessories made it easy to organize our food, and the interior light was a nice touch.
One downside was that the LED light did not work, and we had trouble finding a replacement. Additionally, the freezer area was small, and it took some time to get used to the settings. However, overall, we were satisfied with the BODEGA 12 Volt Refrigerator and would recommend it to anyone in need of a reliable and versatile RV fridge.
If you’re looking for an affordable and efficient RV fridge, the SMETA Propane Fridge is a great option to consider.
- This fridge is versatile and can run on propane, LPG, 110V, and 12V power, making it perfect for off-grid adventures.
- With a 60L capacity and removable shelves, you’ll have plenty of space to store all your food and drinks.
- The fridge has a stable absorption system that is silent and environmentally friendly, making it a great choice for those looking for a quiet and green option.
- Some users have reported that the fridge doesn’t get as cold as they would like, even at its maximum setting.
- The fridge is quite shallow, which can make it difficult to store larger items.
- A few users have reported issues with the fridge not working correctly after a short period of time.
We recently took the SMETA Propane Fridge on a camping trip and were impressed with its versatility and ease of use. The fridge was easy to install and ran quietly, which was a huge plus for us. We appreciated the removable shelves, which made it easy to store and organize our food. However, we did find that the fridge didn’t get quite as cold as we would have liked, even at its maximum setting. Additionally, the fridge is quite shallow, which made it difficult to store larger items like bottles of wine. Despite these minor drawbacks, we would definitely recommend the SMETA Propane Fridge to anyone looking for an affordable and efficient RV fridge.
We highly recommend the BODEGACOOLER 12 Volt Car Refrigerator for anyone who loves outdoor activities like camping, picnics, and road trips. This portable fridge is equipped with a strong DC compressor refrigeration technology that cools fast and has a long working life.
- Fast cooling technology that can achieve 32℉ within 15 minutes and -4℉ within 90 minutes
- WIFI+APP control for easy temperature, voltage, and cooling mode adjustment
- Energy-saving and low noise design with two modes that can be adjusted as needed
- Requires WiFi connection for the first time setup
- Only one door for access
- May overheat and stop cooling if the vents are not kept clear
Our experience with the BODEGACOOLER 12 Volt Car Refrigerator has been amazing. We love the fast cooling technology that can cool to 32℉ within 15 minutes and -4℉ within 90 minutes. The WIFI+APP control feature is also a plus as it allows us to easily adjust the temperature, voltage, and cooling mode.Jane
The energy-saving and low noise design is also great and provides a silent and comfortable environment when in use. We appreciate the two modes that can be adjusted as needed, making it more environmentally friendly.
However, we did encounter some issues with the initial setup as it requires a WiFi connection. We also found that having only one door for access can be a bit inconvenient, especially when trying to access items at the bottom. Lastly, we noticed that the fridge may overheat and stop cooling if the vents are not kept clear.
Overall, the BODEGACOOLER 12 Volt Car Refrigerator is a great investment for anyone who loves outdoor activities and needs a portable fridge. It comes with 5 years life span on the compressor and 1 year warranty on all other parts. We highly recommend it.
If you’re looking for a reliable and efficient fridge for your RV, the Alpicool C30 Portable Car Freezer might be a great option for you.
- The Alpicool C30 Portable Car Freezer can freeze without ice, providing deep chilling down performance of -4°F(-20°C), and can be used as both a fridge and a freezer.
- It has a temperature memory function and 3 different levels for battery protection: Low, Med, and High, to protect your vehicle battery without running down.
- The Alpicool C30 Portable Car Freezer has a 32 Quart(30 Liter) capacity, fitting up to 42 x 12ozs cans of Cola, and it’s made of stainless steel with corner protection and a durable handle.
- The Alpicool C30 Portable Car Freezer is quite heavy, weighing 33 pounds, which might be an issue if you’re looking for a more lightweight option.
- Some users have reported issues with the fan, which can be a bit noisy and might require some maintenance.
- The Alpicool C30 Portable Car Freezer doesn’t come with a drain plug, which can make cleaning a bit more challenging.
We recently had the chance to test the Alpicool C30 Portable Car Freezer during a camping trip, and we were quite impressed with its performance. The fridge is easy to use, and we appreciated the temperature memory function, which allowed us to set the fridge to our preferred temperature and forget about it. The fridge also cooled down quite quickly, and we were able to store all of our food and drinks with ease.
One thing to keep in mind is that the fridge is quite heavy, so you might need some help moving it around. Additionally, the fan can be a bit noisy, especially if you’re trying to sleep in a small RV, so you might want to consider placing the fridge further away from your sleeping area.
Overall, we would recommend the Alpicool C30 Portable Car Freezer to anyone looking for a reliable and efficient fridge for their RV. It’s not the cheapest option out there, but it’s definitely worth the investment if you’re looking for a high-quality product that will last you for years to come.
When it comes to buying an RV fridge, there are a few factors to consider to ensure you get the best one for your needs. Here are some things to keep in mind:
Size and Capacity
The first thing to consider is the size and capacity of the fridge. You’ll need to make sure it fits in your RV and has enough space to store all the food and drinks you need. Measure the space where you plan to install the fridge and make sure to choose one that fits those dimensions. Additionally, consider how much food you typically store in your fridge and choose a capacity that meets your needs.
Another important factor to consider is the power source for the fridge. RV fridges can run on propane, electricity, or both. Propane fridges are more common in older RVs, but they can be less efficient and require more maintenance. Electric fridges are more common in newer RVs and are generally more energy-efficient. Some fridges can run on both propane and electricity, giving you more flexibility.
There are several features to consider when choosing an RV fridge. Here are a few to keep in mind:
- Temperature control: Look for a fridge with easy-to-use temperature controls to keep your food at the right temperature.
- Storage options: Consider the layout and storage options of the fridge, including shelves, drawers, and compartments.
- Energy efficiency: Look for a fridge with a good Energy Star rating to save on energy costs.
- Noise level: Consider the noise level of the fridge, especially if it’s located near your sleeping area.
Finally, consider the price of the fridge. RV fridges can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars, depending on the size, features, and brand. Consider your budget and choose a fridge that fits within your price range while still meeting your needs.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best RV fridge for your needs and enjoy fresh food and drinks on the road.