Last updated on April 14th, 2023 at 05:15 pm
When it comes to the best mini grill for camping, our experts have done their homework: over seven years and 25 mini grill tests later, we’ve narrowed down 15 top-notch options.
You name it, from tailgate parties to backyard BBQs, from picnics in the park to campfire cooking! We’re committed to objectively assessing output power and real-world cooking experiences so that your next meal away from home is delicious. Check out our comprehensive review below.
Our Top 4 Picks
- Best Overall – Weber Q1400 Electric Grill – Get Best Price
- Best but expensive – Camp Chef Pursuit – Get Best Price
- Best wheelie – Coleman RoadTrip 285 – Get Best Price
- Small Charcoal – Weber Smokey Joe – Get Best Price
Best Overall – Weber Q1400 Electric Grill
Slip into grilling heaven with the Weber Q 1400 Electric Grill. This restyled electric grill is fully featured yet space-saving and portable, perfect for those who live in condos or apartments. Cook up to burgers, steaks, chops, chicken, fish, vegetables, and fruit on the porcelain-enameled cast-iron grates. This grill has the same outstanding performance but adds new aesthetics that are both functional and fun, including a larger grip handle and control knobs, ergonomic side handles, sturdy front and rear cradles, plus the familiar Weber Q logo branded in the lid.
Taste the difference for yourself. This is hands down the best grill for camping and will amaze you with its authentic grilled taste of food cooked to perfection! Power 1,560 watts/120 volts only for outdoor use.
|Product Dimensions||23.5″D x 27″W x 14.5″H|
|Special Feature||Heat Element, Removable Catch Pan, Porcelain-Enameled, Cast-Iron Cooking Grates|
- 1560-watt electric heating element to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Fully assembled out of box
- Infinite control burner valve settings
- 6-foot grounded cord
- Dimensions – Lid Closed (inches) – 14.5 H x 27 W x 16.5 D
Happy Owner Review
If you’ve been considering investing in the Weber Q 1400, now is a great time to take action! This amazing grill has won over this customer after only one week. They have already enjoyed grilling steaks twice and Italian sausages once – with more deliciousness sure to follow. Cleaning doesn’t even require much effort: just turn on the high heat for several minutes afterwards to burn off any stuck-on food before scraping away residue from your plate. Move quickly though; this little beauty may not be around forever!
I’m absolutely thrilled with my cooking results on the Weber Q 1400 electric grill! While the included instruction card advised me to cook 1 1/2″ thick steaks differently, I decided to stick with my tried and true methods – as though they were on a hot gas grill. The result was mouthwatering perfection; not only did it taste great but there’s something special about this particular model that imparts an amazing outdoor cooked flavor even when using indoor electric grilling! With perfect steak and chicken breasts, corn-on-the cob and grilled asparagus.Michael T
Best but expensive – Camp Chef Pursuit
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Weight||100 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||34 x 20 x 39.5 inches|
- PID controller for consistent temperatures, Adjustable smoke settings from 1-10, 160º F – 500ºF temperature range
- Includes 2 meat probes
- Easy to use menu dial, High-visibility, low-glare digital display, Slide and Grill Technology’s direct flame grilling reaches 650°F
- Ash Cleanout System
- Compact design, stores, and transports easily
- Locking chamber & hopper lid for easy transport/storage, Folding legs and leg levelers, Dual position rolling transport
Best wheelie – Coleman RoadTrip 285
The Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill is regarded as the Best Mini Grill for Camping on wheels is the perfect companion for camping. Its quick fold legs and wheels make setup and takedown a breeze. Instastart ignition button guarantees matchless lighting – select the heat setting with 3 independently adjustable burners to get up to 20,000 BTUs of grilling power over its generous 285 square inch cast iron grill grate coated in porcelain. With Swaptop interchangeable cooktops (sold separately), you can expand meal options from grilled meats and veggies on the grill grate to cooking breakfast on a stovetop or frying savory dishes on a griddle. Delicious meals await at every turn!
|Product Dimensions||30.25″D x 19.19″W x 16.13″H|
|Fuel Type||Liquefied Petroleum Gas|
- GRILLING POWER: Up to 20,000 total BTUs
- 8 ADJUSTABLE BURNERS: With improved burner technology for more precise temperature control
- LARGE GRILLING AREA: 285 sq. in.
- EASY SETUP: Sturdy quick-fold legs and 2 wheels
- THERMOMETER: Integrated design for accurate temperature monitoring
Weber Smokey Joe – Best Small Charcoal Grill
Enjoy delicious and savory grilling anytime, anywhere, with the Weber Go-Anywhere Mini Grill. Take your barbeque experience to a new level while on an adventure in nature or having fun at the beach, guaranteed high quality from the renowned Weber brand!
|Product Dimensions||14.2″D x 14.5″W x 17″H|
|Special Feature||Adjustable Air Vent|
- Load up the car and hit the road with your Smokey Joe portable charcoal grill. Its durable, lightweight, compact design is perfect for grilling on the go – whether walking to the beach or taking a road trip. Make your holiday at the beach even more enjoyable with this Weber 14″ Smokey Joe Charcoal Grill.
- Holds up to five burgers made with a Weber burger press
- Compact and lightweight for grilling on the go
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- Dampers allow you to easily control the temperature inside your grill
- Durable plated steel cooking grate retains heat and is easy to clean. Dimensions – Lid closed 17 H x 14.2 W x 14.5 D inches
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.