Last updated on August 20th, 2023 at 05:52 am
I set out to make a list of the best electric firestarters, and I was captivated and grateful when I discovered that lighting a campfire had become much simpler for me. Now I own 2 of the electric-powered firestarters that are reviewed below, and there isn’t much between them.
Shopping for an Electric Firestarter? Here Are the Top 5
What’s a tailgate gathering without delicious food? And how can you possibly host a holiday party without the necessary means to cook? Don’t let your crew go hungry; make sure you’re well-prepared to satisfy their appetites and ensure a memorable event. Don’t get caught off guard and risk leaving your guests disappointed. These are the top 6 electric firestarters on the market:
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall – Looftlighter 1 Electric Lighter – Get Best Price Here
- Best on Budget – MIGI WOLF Electric Fire Starter – Get Best Price
- Best Cordless Splurge – Looft Lighter X – Get Best Price
- Notable Firestarter – Afoosoo Electric Powered – Reviews Here
- Notable Option – SAILINGFLO BBQ Fire Starter – See Reviews Here
- Best Cheap Option – HomeRight Electro-Torch – Great Reviews Here
No more rubbing two sticks together or resorting to matches and lighters. We can now have our campfire blazing in no time!
But what is an electric firestarter, and why should you get one? Let’s dive into the world of electric charcoal and wood firestarters.
Best Firestarter for Camping or for Your Next Tailgate
We love to do our top gear rundowns, so by popular demand, you guys have asked for our expert opinion on the Best Firestarter for Camping, so we better not waste any time and show you our top 3 picks.
My Personal Review Of The Looft Firelighter
What is an Electric Firestarter?
An electric firestarter is a device that uses electricity to ignite wood or charcoal for your campfire and grill. It works by using high-powered electrical arcs that generate enough heat to start a flame. All you have to do is touch the tip of the starter to the wood or charcoal, and it will instantly ignite. This makes it incredibly easy and convenient to light a fire quickly!
4 Benefits of Using an Electric Firestarter for Camping
There are several advantages to using an electric firestarter for camping over traditional methods such as matches and lighters.
First, it’s much quicker and easier than having to fumble around with matches or lighters.
Second, it eliminates the need for chemical-based lighter fluids, which can be toxic and harmful if mishandled. Finally, it uses electricity instead of fuel and is more environmentally friendly than other options.
1. Quicker and More Efficient
An electric firestarter can heat up your grill much faster than traditional methods. You won’t have to wait for charcoal to heat up, and you can get your food on the grill much sooner.
Lighter fluid can be dangerous if used improperly. An electric firestarter eliminates the need for lighter fluid, reducing the risk of accidents.
Using an electric firestarter produces less ash and smoke than traditional methods, making it an eco-friendlier option.
4. More Cost-Effective
While an electric firestarter may seem more expensive initially, it can save you money in the long run. You won’t have to keep buying lighter fluid or matches and use less charcoal because you won’t have to wait for it to heat up.
How To Use An Electric Fire Starter
Using an electric firestarter is quite simple. First, make sure that all safety precautions are taken before using the device (i.e., keep away from children).
Then place the starter in contact with dry wood or charcoal and press down on the button until you see sparks coming from the end of the starter. Once this happens, move away from the area until you see that the sparks have caught onto your materials, then enjoy your campfire!
Using an electric firestarter is simple:
- Place the firestarter on top of your charcoal or wood chips.
- Plug it in and turn it on.
- Wait a few minutes for the charcoal or wood chips to ignite.
- Remove the firestarter and place it in a safe place to cool down.
Looftlighter 1 Electric Lighter & Firestarter
I love my Looft Electric Lighter as it starts my backyard and camping fire in less than 15 seconds. If I light cardboard or some type of flint, it fires up in seconds.
This electric firestarter is also great for starting charcoal and can effectively light your charcoal in just about a minute. Please note that while the charcoal will be lit in one minute, it may require additional time to be ready for cooking without additional assistance.
To use it, simply plug the power cord into an outlet and touch the tip of the barrel to a piece of lump charcoal, briquette, cardboard, or wood kindling. Hold the button down and the device will immediately start blowing super-heated air directly onto your solid fuel source.
Within seconds, sparks will begin to fly and you can pull the device back slightly while continuing to blow air toward the hot coals to spread the fire.
- Heats up to 1200°F
- Includes a cooling stand with a built-in bottle opener, making it safe to set down after use.
- Has a 9.8 ft. power cord, providing ample length for use.
- Comes with a 3-year warranty.
- None to speak of; we haven’t experienced any issues with it.
- Ignites fire in 60 seconds for your charcoal grill or pizza oven
- Can also be used indoors to light fireplaces in 60 seconds
- Safe to use, no flames or gas, just super heated air
- It incorporates a safety casing that cool to the touch within seconds after use
- Eco Friendly – no hazardous chemicals of CO2 emissions
- The stand and hook as an integrated bottle-opener
- 1500W Watts
- 240 volts
- Cord length 24cm
MIGI WOLF Electric Fire Starter
- Fastest Firestarter – An updated design which is the fastest charcoal starter in the world, producing a 1,100°F airstream that easily ignites briquettes and hardwood charcoal, wood and kindling for BBQs, grills, smokers, wood burning egg fireplace lighter, and fire pits
- Advanced Safety Protection – Red start trigger has a built-in safety feature, must stay depressed to hold temperature, good barbecue charcoal grill blower fire starter tool
- Easy To Use – Pull the button, and the product starts working. Release the button and the button automatically bounces back.
- COOL GIFT FOR BBQ PROS – Ideal lighter for ceramic grills, charcoal barbecues, and smokers that’s sure to promote envy among grilling enthusiasts.
Ratings by feature
- Drying power4.4
- Easy to use 4.2
Looft Lighter X Next Generation Cordless Charcoal Starter
Pros and Cons of the Looft Cordless Firestarter
Get ready to light your charcoal or kindling with ease using the advanced Looft Lighter X. You can enjoy its portability, attractive battery charger, and impressive heat output that will get everything blazing in no time.
Take it camping, BBQing at the park – wherever you need fast flame power! With this clever cordless tool; firestarters won’t know what hit them!
We can’t just suggest the Best Firestarter for Camping without giving some pros and cons right? This is what we found.
1. Has started the charcoal every time.
2. Easy to use.
3. The power cord screws/wraps back into the charging base so it’s not in the way when storing.
4. Chargers pretty quickly.
5. Battery comes off the heater for charging.
6. The materials all seem very well made – the build quality is quite impressive.
7. No color changing on the end after many uses.
1. Battery seems to last two uses at best between charging.
2. It is very tall when sitting on the base with the tool on the battery.
- Innovated and Versatile – Our newest firelighter uses only battery power for an easy way to start your grill or fireplace in 60 seconds with clean superheated air, reaching temperatures up to 1200°F.
- Light and Portable – At only two pounds, toss the Looft Lighter into your backpack on camping trips, or keep it handy in the backyard when grilling or gathering around the bonfire.
- Safe and Easy – Light all fuels such as charcoal, briquettes, and logs with no CO2 emissions, complete with the Auto-Ignition Program, Burn Mode and Air Mode, and a detachable Heat Shield.
- Reliable Essentials – We build charcoal starters that are safe, effective, and clean to make lighter fluid a distant memory.
Ratings By Feature
- Easy to use 4.3
- Value for money 3.2
How does an electric fire starter work?
An electric fire starter works as a tool that you can use to start a charcoal grill without the need for starter fluid or any other chemical starters. To use it, all you have to do is touch the end of the starter to the charcoal.
As soon as it starts to glow, you should pull it back slightly and continue pointing it at that same spot for about a minute. This is all it takes to start your grill.
If you want to speed up the cooking process, you can hold the starter at the same spot for a more extended period of time. In fact, doing so can heat up the charcoal about twice as fast as a traditional starter fluid.
Towallmark Electric Charcoal Starter
- Heated Air Fire Starter – Towallmark electric charcoal starter offers the easiest way to start your charcoal barbecue, wood-burning fireplace, campfire or fire pit in 60 seconds with clean superheated air, reaching temperatures up to 1200°F without using matches or starter fluids, plug and play.
- Safe and Easy – Uses nothing but 1200°F degree temperature heated air to ignite your wood or charcoal. You’ll never have to worry about tasting chemicals on your food again, and an aluminum heat shield for quick cooling. Note: After use, it should be placed on a non-flammable material to prevent burns.
- Great Gift For Grillers And Campers – Towallmark electric fire starter is a hot present that any BBQ enthusiast will appreciate for holidays or birthdays. Our electric charcoal starters are safe, effective and clean, without using matches or lighter fluid.
- Performance Parameters – Temperature: 650℃/1200℉, Cord Length: 200 cm/6.6 ft. , Power: 2000W / 17A, Voltage：120V / 60Hz, Air volume: 500 l/min.
- Professional Tool Brand – Towallmark – Be Your Excellent Helper For Your Home Projects! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us; we will provide you with the most professional customer service.
Our Best Electric firestarters are quickly becoming popular among outdoor enthusiasts as they provide a safe and efficient way to start fires quickly without having to deal with chemical-based products like lighter fluid or matches.
They are also more environmentally friendly than other options, using electricity instead of fuel sources. If you’re looking for a convenient way to start your next campfire without hassle, consider getting yourself an electric firestarter today!